So now that I have had some time to explore Google Classroom https://classroom.google.com, here are some of my reflections and thoughts:
- Parent access - need code for parents to access their child's work and get notifications of assignments assigned and assessed
- You have to log out of all your other Gmail accounts and only log in with the one you used to sign up for Google Classroom
- You cannot share YouTube or Docs from any other account, just the one you used to sign up for Google Classroom
- Classroom App makes it easy to access assignments
- Need a record of student activities to share with parents and to use for reporting period as part of Learning Skills assessment / comments.
- Need the option for two or more teachers to have ownership of one classroom
- Need to be able to direct a conversation to a particular student. For example, on Twitter I can use the @ sign and on Google+ I can use the + sign but nothing seems to be in place in Google Classroom (yet).
For teachers new to technology and already using Google Apps for Education, this is a great start.
Additional Information on Google Classroom:
Other Classroom Managment platforms to use: